Wieliczka Salt Mine
KOPALNIA SOLI WIELICZKA
usually arround 9:00am or 3pm (later and eailer departures available)
Volkswagen Minivan T6, Mercedes Sprinter minibus
from 27 euro
The Wieliczka Salt Mine was listed as a UNESCO site as one of the first objects in the world. It is not surprising, therefore, that interest in sightseeing increases year by year. The charms of the Mine, its mysterious corridors, chambers, salt sculptures and underground lakes can be enjoyed all year round regardless of the weather.
The Wieliczka Salt Mine is one of the most recognizable tourist attractions in Poland. About 1 million tourists visit every year. The origins of the mine date back to the Middle Ages. In the 16th century, the Wieliczka Salt Mine was the most profitable enterprise in Europe. Profits from salt extraction in the times of Casimir the Great constituted 30% of the entire kingdom's income. The mine draws the attention of many visitors thanks to the healing properties of salt. The underground sanatorium established in the sixties works until today. You can get to know the mine in two ways.
The most popular way, the tourist route is about 3 km of winding corridors located between 135 and 240 meters underground. The tour lasts about three hours, in groups of up to 40 people and starts in the Daniłowicz Shaft, where the guide will introduce you to the history and secrets of the mine. The trail leads to the Chapel of St. Kinga, where you can see salt works of art or a spectacle on a salt lake. It is worth knowing that there are approximately 800 stairs on the route, of which 380 are already at the beginning, which is why we suggest you put on comfortable footwear. The temperature below the ground varies between 14-16 C.
This tour is available form Your adress in Krakow, or from one of 8 our meeting points(please see the map for more details)
BEST VALUE TOUR
The trip along with travel takes about 4 hours. We can pick you up from your adress or from one of eight our meeting points specified on the map (available below the desciription and in the link click url ).
The duration may slightly vary due to events outside of our control.
Getting to the Museum from Krakow takes about half an hour. The visit takes place in groups up to 40 people.
The guided visit takes about two and a half hours. This option is most often chosen by visitors. The price includes pickup from your accommodation or one of the fixed meeting points, as well as an admission ticket, a tour with a professional guide in one of the available languages (Polish, English, French, German, Russian, Italian or Spanish) a drink and transport back to Krakow. This option is available during the winter season (November-March, 2019) on chosen weekdays. During the summer season (April-October, 2019) this option is available every day with different languages on specific days.
We created this option to satisfy the most demanding of tourists. A personalized tour option where we adapt to your needs. In addition to choosing the start and end times of the trip, a private comfort-class car with a private driver, the undoubted advantage of this version is the possibility of a private guided tour of the Wieliczka Salt Mine. In this case, please make a reservation at least a month in advance. Only then we can guarantee full flexibility due to the ever rising interest in the mine.
After the trip, our driver will take you to your chosen destination in Krakow, be it a restaurant where you can spend a pleasant evening or another of the many attractions that Krakow has to offer. This option for an additional cost also allows you to extend the driver's services until the end of the day. Please provide this information at the time of booking so that we can fully tailor the offer to your needs.
- Free wifi is available all the time on board of our cars.
- We recommend choosing brunch in the additional options, a perfect complement to our offer, filling, full of healthy ingredients lunch-box in six versions to choose from, it will be a great solution on the go.
- We offer free drinks throughout the year (sparkling/still water, Coca-Cola, Pepsi, Red Bull) optional for each participant when booking a trip.
- The trip is possible every day of the week, regardless of the weather. In the case of rainy weather, we have umbrellas and raincoats. We recommend taking comfortable shoes and warmer clothes with you in case of bad weather.
- The maximum size of the bag/backpack that you can bring to the mine is 30cm / 20cm / 10cm. If you have larger luggage with you, you can safely leave it in the car or use the storage room. At the client's request, the company can rent for the duration of the visit a sachet for handy things.
- A short break and the possibility of using the toilet appears consecutively 40 and 90 minutes from the beginning of the tour.
- The temperature underground varies between 14 and 16 degrees celsius throughout the year.
- People with disabilities can rent a wheelchair in the museum for free, but they are obliged to have a guardian, who will help them move around the museum. Drivers are not allowed to go down with the group to the museum exhibition grounds. In this case, we propose the Custom Made Tour option where the tour is possible every day around 9:00 am and 5:00 pm in a specially organized tour for people who may have problems overcoming a large number of stairs with a guide in Polish or English (for other languages please ask - it is possible when guides are available). This solution is also available in the Private Tour version.