THE TRAIL OF THE EAGLES NESTS
Olsztyn, Mirów, Bobolice, Ogrodzieniec, Rabsztyn, Pieskowa Skała (others possible)
minimum 8h, usually 11h
most common departure 8:00 am, other departures available
Volkswagen Caravelle, Multivan T6, for bigger groups: Mercedes Sprinter
from 189 PLN
Impressive castles, strongholds, and ruins make up the Eagles Nests Trail, a part of Polish history. Most of the objects date back to the times of Casimir the Great. It is one of the most beautiful routes in our country known to attract with its landscape.
This extremely popular trail stretches about 163 km on the route between Krakow and Częstochowa, known as The Trail of the Eagles Nests. The origin of the name derives from medieval castles built like eagle nests on rocks whose height sometimes reached 30 meters. Their construction made them difficult to obtain defensive structures and observation points.
Our tour proposal includes the six most popular castles on the trail, namely Olsztyn, Mirów, Bobolice, Ogrodzieniec, Rabsztyn and Pieskowa Skała.
In addition to the castles, you can admire natural attractions along the route such as the Błędowska Desert. In Ogrodzieniec you also have the opportunity to visit a Miniature Park. This route combines history with scenic polish landscapes for an experience where everyone can find something for themselves.
We offer the Castle Tour (The Trail of the Eagles Nests) in the PRIVATE TOUR option. We created this option to satisfy the most demanding of tourists. In addition to choosing the start and end times of the trip, a private comfort-class car with a private driver, the undoubted advantage of this version is the possibility to visit the castles and their ruins with a private guide. In this case, please make a reservation at least one day in advance. Only then we can guarantee full flexibility due to the ever rising interest in the Trail of Eagles Nests.
After the trip, our driver will take you to your chosen destination in Krakow, be it a restaurant where you can spend a pleasant evening or another of the many attractions that Krakow has to offer. This option for an additional cost also allows you to extend the driver's services until the end of the day. Please provide this information at the time of booking so that we can fully tailor the offer to your needs.
- Free wifi is available all the time on board of our cars.
- We recommend choosing brunch in the additional options, a perfect complement to our offer, filling, full of healthy ingredients lunch-box in six versions to choose from, it will be a great solution on the go.
- We offer free drinks throughout the year (sparkling/still water, Coca-Cola, Pepsi, Red Bull) optional for each participant when booking a trip.
- The trip is possible every day of the week, regardless of the weather. In the case of rain, we have umbrellas and raincoats. We recommend taking along warmer clothes in case of bad weather as well as comfortable shoes.
- If you have more luggage with you, you can safely leave it in our luggage storage in the office or take it with you where it will also be safe in the car. On request, the company can rent a "sachet" for handy things during the trip.
- Photographing and filming require no special permit.
- People with disabilities can rent a wheelchair for free but are obliged to have a guardian to help them navigate. However, please keep in mind that not all castles in the trail are adapted for people with disabilities.