Abbey Tyniec (private tour)
minimum 3h, usually 4h
most common 9:00 am, other departures available
Volkswagen Caravelle, Multivan T5/T6, for bigger groups: Mercedes Sprinter
już od 79 PLN
A trip to the Benedictine Abbey in Tyniec can stimulate the imagination to take us back to the Middle Ages. The possibility to explore the monastery gardens and taste the artisanal products prepared by the monks certainly adds to the attractiveness of this place. Benedictines as a religious order have been in existence since the sixth century when Saint Benedict initiated their activity. An interesting fact is that in the Middle Ages, due to the colour of the habits, they were called black monks. The abbey was funded most likely during the times of Kazimierz I the Restorer. The Benedictines were to support the rebuilding of the state after the Czech invasion and the pagan rebellion. The fire that took place in 1831 destroyed the monastery. Renovation began only in 1947 and ended in 2008. After the end of sightseeing, we recommend a moment of relaxation in the cafe, from which you can admire the views of the Vistula River. You can also visit the store with Benedictine products, including herb mixtures, wine or even beer.
Wycieczka do Opactwa w Tyńcu znajduję się w ofercie wycieczek PRIVATE TOUR:
We offer the tour of the Abbey in Tyniec in the PRIVATE TOUR option. We created this option to satisfy the most demanding of tourists. In addition to choosing the start and end times of the trip, a private comfort-class car with a private driver, the undoubted advantage of this version is the possibility to visit the Benedictine Abbey with a private guide. In this case, please make a reservation at least one week in advance. Only then we can guarantee full flexibility due to the ever rising interest in Tyniec.
After the trip, our driver will take you to your chosen destination in Krakow, be it a restaurant where you can spend a pleasant evening/afternoon or another of the many attractions that Krakow has to offer. This option for an additional cost also allows you to extend the driver's services until the end of the day. Please provide this information at the time of booking so that we can fully tailor the offer to your needs.
- Free wifi is available all the time on board our cars.
- We recommend choosing brunch in the additional options, a perfect complement to our offer, filling, full of healthy ingredients lunch-box in six versions to choose from, it will be a great solution on the go.
- We offer free drinks throughout the year (sparkling/still water, Coca-Cola, Pepsi, Red Bull) optional for each participant when booking a trip.
- The trip is possible every day of the week, regardless of the weather. In the case of rain, we provide umbrellas and raincoats. We recommend taking warmer clothes and comfortable shoes.
- If you have more luggage with you, you can leave it in our luggage storage in the office or take it with you in the car where it will also be safe. At the client's request, the company can rent for the duration of the visit a sachet for handy things.
- Photographing and filming require no special permit.
- People with disabilities can rent a wheelchair for free during the trip, but they are obliged to have a guardian who will help them navigate.
- In the PRIVATE TOUR version, it is possible to book a guide on site in a given language for an additional fee. The tour usually takes about 1,5 hours and includes the monastery building. We tailor the tour individually after consulting with you.