Auschwitz-Birkenau & Wieliczka in one day Best Value Shared Tour
most often we start from Krakow arround 7:30am-9:00am
a comfortable, air-conditioned car or van with WIFI and a phone charging socket
from 45 EURO
The Auschwitz-Birkenau State Museum in Oświęcim, less than 70 km from Krakow, was created on the grounds of the former Nazi German concentration camp. The camp was established in the nearby suburbs of Oswiecim, in the mid-1940s. Its second part Auschwitz (II) - Birkenau was established about a year later. It is the most recognizable symbol of the Holocaust and human genocide in the world.The Memorial Site is an area of almost 200 ha, over 150 buildings, and about 300 ruins, including remains of gas chambers and crematoria destroyed by the Germans. The trip includes permanent exhibitions, original buildings of the main Auschwitz camp and the most important buildings of the Auschwitz (II) - Birkenau camp.
The second point of the program is the Wieliczka Salt Mine. One of the most recognizable tourist attractions in Poland. About 1 million tourists visit every year. The origins of the mine date back to the Middle Ages. In the 16th century, the Wieliczka Salt Mine was the most profitable enterprise in Europe. Profits from salt extraction in the times of Casimir the Great constituted 30% of the entire kingdom's income. The mine draws the attention of many visitors thanks to the healing properties of salt. The underground sanatorium established in the sixties works until today.
This tour is available from Your accommodation adress in Krakow
OPTION NAME: BEST VALUE SHARED TOUR
The trip along with travel takes about 11 hours. We can pick you up from your accommodation adress or from one of eight our meeting points specified on the map (available below the desciription and in the link click url ).
The duration may slightly vary due to events outside of our control.
The journey to the Auschwitz-Birkenau Museum from Krakow takes about an hour and a half. The tour takes place in groups of 30 people. A short break before entering the museum and then the two-hour guided visit in Auschwitz and then after a second 15-minute break, the visit of Birkenau about an hour.
After Birkenau, we drive about an hour and twenty minutes to get directly to Wieliczka. Before the visit, we predict the third the longest break about one and a half hour for lunch. In the winter, from November to the end of February, this break is reduced to about 45 minutes due to the mine closing earlier. Visiting Wieliczka takes about two and a half hours. This option is the most frequently chosen due to the price as well as the possibility of visiting the two most popular destinations in the south of Poland on the same day.
The price includes pick-up from Your accommodation or one of the fixed comfortable meeting points, an admission tickets, a tour with a proffesional guide in English in both destinations and transport back to Krakow.
If you are interested in lunch, this is an additional paid option (30pln per person), ask the driver for it at the beginning of the tour or write us that info in comments in your reservation. We have several versions, including vegan or vegetarian, order and save time in queues during the break between the two parts of the museum.
- Free wifi is available all the time on board of our cars.
- We recommend choosing lunch in the additional options, a perfect complement to our offer, filling, full of healthy ingredients lunch-box in six versions to choose from, it will be a great solution on the go.
- The trip is possible every day of the week, regardless of the weather. In the case of rain, we provide umbrellas and raincoats. We recommend taking warmer clothes and comfortable shoes.
- The maximum size of the bag/backpack that you can bring to the mine is 30cm / 20cm / 10cm. If you have larger luggage with you, you can safely leave it in the car or use the storage room. At the client's request, the company can rent for the duration of the visit a sachet for handy things.
- A short break and the possibility to use the toilet is available before entering the sites and consecutively 40 and 90 minutes from the start of the tour in both places. In between the destinations there is a longer (45-90 min) break for lunch. The price does not include meals.
- The temperature in the mine is constant between 14 and 16 degrees celsius throughout the year.
- Despite wide corridors and large rooms in the Salt Mine, people with claustrophobia may experience difficulties while visiting the museum in Wieliczka.
- People with disabilities can rent a wheelchair for free in both museums but are obliged to have a guardian who will help them navigate. Drivers are not allowed to go down with the group to the museum exhibition grounds.
CRACOW LOCAL TOURS
Office: Main Market Sq 28, Rynek Glowny 28
Due to the current COVID-19 restrictions, our office is currently unavailable for customers, please contact us directly via phone number or WhatsApp.
INFORMATION & RESERVATION:
CALL US OR SEND US MESSAGE BY WHATSAPP +48 500 750 770